How to move around in Paris
I’m not even goig to pretend I can do a better job than what Wikitravel has to say about how to move around! I’ll give you a sum up here and encourage you to check out thr link above for more details:
- Bike. Use the Velib' bike sharing system! 1,70 euros per day, 8 euros per week, 2000 bike stations all over the city. Simply take a bike and leave it in any other station within 30 minutes. Practical, safe, and beautiful.
- Walk. You can walk ALL of Paris from East to West in 3 hours. Is a small city! Parisians love walking and getting lost is never a problem, as the city is beautiful everywhere. It’s a safe city, don’t be scared to wander around endlessly til' dawn!
- Metro is practical, but speding your time undergroung while you are in the most beautiful city in the world seems like a waste. Buy 10 tickets and use them sparingly. Day passes are expensive, so unless you really plan on hopping all across the city multiple times per day, avoid it.
- Uber is an alternative taxi mobile app that is cheaper and practical. You need an Internet connection though.
- Taxis are everywhere and a little bit expensive. Very hard to find one on friday and saturday night.
- Don’t drive in Paris.